Does vitamin c help in whitening the skin?
When you consider all the vitamins, Vitamin C plays a predominant role not just in lightening the skin but also by curing various health issues from a common cold to serious health problems. Let’s get deep into how? when? and why? Vitamin C can whiten the skin.
Usually darker skin people have a compound called Melanin. This compound is produced by a group of cells “melanocytes” deep within the skin. The higher melanin is produced, the darker the skin gets. Melanin can be of two forms
- Eumelanin which gives dark brown pigmentation.
- Pheomelanin which can be lighter than eumelanin.
Melanin is produced for several reasons like Sun exposure, inflammation, and pollution.
- Vitamin C has many antioxidant and antibacterial properties that can detoxify the skin by removing radicals that cause skin pigmentation.
- Topical vitamin C can also treat suntan, sunburns.
- Vitamin C exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin cells and regenerates skin cells. This can repair the skin damage.
- Apparently, Vitamin C also hinders the production of tyrosinase enzyme which thereby reduces melanin production.
How to use vitamin c for skin whitening?
1.Include in your diet
Vitamin C is not something which is produced in your body itself. So, take fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C. Including vitamin C in your diet has a lot of proven benefits like protection against skin diseases, immune system deficiencies, detoxifying body, premature ageing, skin wrinkling, health problems and also lightens the skin.
However, vitamin C deficiency can lead to a weak immune system, digestive problems, weakens bones & muscles strength, skin dryness, and diarrhoea. So, don’t forget to include vitamin C foods and vegetables in your everyday diet. Such foods and fruits are oranges, lemons, guava, strawberries, broccoli, kale, parsley, pineapple, peas, cauliflower, mangoes, peppers, kiwi.
2. Take vitamin C capsules
Taking vitamin C pills will inject glutathione into the body which helps in nourishing the immune system and also lightens the skin. Furthermore, these tablets will boost the immune system, treats sun damages. Taking two doses a day is beneficient for your body else it may lead to some health issues.
3. Look for the products with vitamin C
There are plenty of products up for grabs in the markets from face washes to sunscreens for dull and flaw skin. The products with vitamin c also hydrate your skin giving a radiant appearance.